The first day of school was last Tuesday!!! (Is it wrong to be this excited?) I love this season. Ending of summer, a hint of crisp, cool air, the return of routines, earlier bedtimes...A few pictures from the girls' first day - if you look carefully, you can sense the gradual change of mood as the inevitable looms closer. I knew Sophie wouldn't have any apprehension, but since the twins were going to be in seperate classes this year, I was prepared for a little drama. Janelle got off ok (thanks in large part to having her same teacher as last year), but Brooke was a little more nervous. After I left it took only a minute for her to settle in. I'm sure every day will get a little easier.
Janelle is thinking, "Here goes nothing!" Brooke hasn't thought that far ahead.
Brooke still oblivious
This is Brooke getting a clue, "Janelle's gone. Sophie's gone. In a minute mom will be gone..."
"I'm not quite ready for this"
After her last desperate attempt to keep me from leaving, she heads into first grade all by herself. I feel like the umbilical cord has been cut all over again.

6 comments:
Cute pictures, but such a sad face on Brooke at the end. I can't help wondering what she was thinking, though, as her mom kept taking pictures of her face! They are great pictures that capture the moment. Kids grow up too fast!
In a few years when all the kiddos are in school lets drop the kids off , go to work out and have a big, long lunch.
sounds like a plan :)
It is nice to get back into routines and earlier bedtimes. Your girls are getting so big.
Alison! I can't believe you have FOUR kids now! That is amazing! Do you even remember me? Rachel Gentle/Griffith? I totally remember you! I love the lemonade stand and all the fabulous pictures and posts! You are as hilarious and as sweet as ever!
Alli, Forget working out when the kids go to school. Lets do something really fun like go to the movies, go out to lunch and get dessert, or go to the temple!!
Post a Comment